2020年12月20日 星期日

Wineshark HK Restaurant Review - Wooloomooloo Steakhouse (TST)


The steakhouse is located in TST East, part of the Wooloomooloo Group which also have a few other outlets. This one in TST, I believe, is the first one in town and was so successful it started the story of the brand.  


Facing the harbour, it is in the waterfront promenade enjoying the best views. Originally booked for dinner, I had to change to lunch with the government's restriction for dine-in due to COVID. While seated at the window side we decided to move to another table because it was too sunny and hot on the day.


We ordered the Christmas Brunch Menu ($248 each). Starting with the soup, Cannellini Bean Veloute. The creamy soup is made with forest mushrooms, truffle paste and added with some croutons. Rich and full of the truffle notes, it is a decent soup and I found the addition of some black pepper did enhance the taste.


On the appetizer we have both chosen Crab Cake, with coleslaw, fennel salad and tartar sauce. I like it the most among all the dishes, the crab cake is seared well with a golden brown crust, with well-seasoned crab meat fillings which is great with the tartar sauce. Even the fennel salad and coleslaw tasted nice. No wonder the crab cake is an all-time favorite for the restaurant.


For the main course I opted for Seafood Squid Ink Pasta, while my wife had the Eggs Benedict. The pasta has some crab meat, tiger prawn, scallop, with sofrito and lobster sauce. Decent in flavors, but there is nothing too memorable to highlight. 


The eggs benedict is quite beautifully plated, colorful and the poached eggs are coated with Hollandaise sauce, on top of smoked salmon, avocado, capers and sauteed spinach. On the sides there are mixed grilled vegetables. If I can choose again I think I will pick this instead of the pasta.


The dessert is optional, and I picked the Selection of Gelato & Sorbet ($35 additional). The two scoops of sorbet are decent, but I like the thoughtfulness of putting some crushed nuts which added a nice bite.

Along with freshly brewed coffee or tea, the overall bill on the day was $662. Service is quite good with the staff friendly and attentive. While we did not have the steaks I think if you want to enjoy a reasonably priced steakhouse this restaurant would be a good choice. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言