2011年12月4日 星期日

Wineshark weekly - 4 Dec 2011

A busy week yet again, spending two days in Manila and the remaining in HK. When I do my planning for the trips for the remaining of the year, I am quite taken aback by the number of trips I have to make, despite that in 2012 I will try to go to Manila only every other week... But at least one thing I look forward to is a trip in May in which I will go to Argentina, and on the way back I probably will stay for a few days in Paris, to allow me to go search for some wines...

This week also is my mentorship week, attending the opening ceremony for two programs. In both I am a mentor for the university students, offering my experience and some industry information to the IE students, to prepare them for the future in both their career as well as personal front. I enjoy doing this and in fact it is my fourth year being a mentor. All the while I think the students also appreciated and some of them still got in touch with me. I just hope my busy schedule still allows me to help as much as I want.

On Sat I had dinner with two friends, in the restaurant near my home. The two wines I prepared were quite good, particularly the Pazo Senorans Albarino Seleccion de Anada 2003 (see my other blog on Galicia Coast for more details). It is a real special one from a famous producer in Rias Baixas, with a good complexity of the typical Albarino aromatic characters plus the ageing on lees. The other one, Chateau La Serre 2006 from St-Emilion, is also nice.

I bought a new oven and also some new cooking utensils but unfortunately did not have time this week to do any cooking. Look forward to my recipe next week. But I went to an Indian vegetarian restaurant tonight. Called Khana Khazana, this restaurant is located in Wanchai and the dishes are quite nice. We ordered a Tandoori Platter, a Paneer Masala, a Nan and two drinks. The tandoori is spicy but I really like it. The masala is also beautiful, with the sauce a good dip for the nan. If next time you want to have vegetarian, instead of going to a Chinese one, this restaurant actually is a good alternative.

Need to pack for my trip tomorrow, going to... Manila... no surprise...

沒有留言:

張貼留言