2011年12月31日 星期六

Wineshark weekly - 31 Dec 2011

Happy New Year! I wish all of you a healthy and prosperous 2012! At the beginning of the year, it is always a good time to reflect on what you have done and to plan for the future. Being such a wine fanatic, I have looked at my tasting notes posted in cellartracker.com and from the reports got some interesting and proud figures to share: 142 notes posted in 2011, about 82,000 views in 2011. Quite a good result I have to say, haha! Also started my weibo and now got quite a few fans, I hope in 2012 I can further develop this hobby to something a bit more serious, also to further my journey on wine...

This week continues my holiday. On Monday I went to my sister-in-law's home to have BBQ. All the food were very deliciously prepared and we all had a good day. We had a total of 6 bottles:
  • Weingut Gunderloch Jean-Bapiste Riesling Kabinett 2010
  • Guarda Rios Branco 2008
  • Ceretto Moscato d'Asti 2010
  • Lopez de Heredia Vino Gravonia 2001
  • Lopez de Heredia Vino Tondonia Reserva 2000
  • Weingut Max Ferd Richter Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuht Riesling Auslese 2007
This week we went to a Thai/Malay restaurant in Central called Co Co Nut Curry House.
Located in Wing Wah Lane, it is an outdoor place which you may regard as 'tourist' restaurant.
Tried their curry chicken with coconut milk, charcoal grilled chunk, roti, stir fried morning glory, malay fried rich noodle and pork rib soup. Most of the food was quite nice except the pork rib soup, which was tasteless. Not cheap though and it cost $460 for two (though I admit we ordered too much... :P)

Couple of gatherings also in this festive season. The highlight obviously was our monthly wine tasting. With the year-end, we decided to go more special and I took one of my top wines to share: Domaine du Pegau Cuvee da Capo 1998. More details of this wine and tasting note can be found in my blog. Quite nice but definitely I won't rate this as a 100pt now (which RP did), though certainly there is still a long way for the wine to further develop and maybe it will become better and better. Really struggle also whether to search for another one to cellar... but the price now will be much higher than when I first purchased it...

In the tasting there were other good wines, with another very interesting one being the Vignolo-Lutati Barolo 1970. The oldest wine I had ever tasted, the wine was still in good condition. Forgot to take a photo of the label and it got a profound developed, tertiary aromas. Particularly intrigued to me is the foxy notes. We also had other good wines as below:
  • Dom Perignon 2002
  • Trimbach Cuvee Frederic Emile Riesling 2005
  • R. Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia White Gran Reserva 1981
  • Vignolo-Lutati Barolo 1970
  • Rolf Binder Hanisch 2005
  • Domaine du Pegau Cuvee da Capo 1998
  • Chateau Guiraud 1989
Yesterday had two wonderful meals with my friends, and I very much enjoyed th
e conversation and companionship. Life is short, there are things you may have missed, there are things you want to do. Everything you decided can bring good and bad consequences, but at the end, you never know which is which. So just keep that in mind, and don't hesitate to go for what you believe is right and what you want.

So let's see how we all will be in 2012, and do send me your thoughts if any. Take care!!


沒有留言:

張貼留言