2011年12月24日 星期六

Wineshark weekly - 25 December 2011

Merry X'mas! Wish all the readers of this blog a happy holiday, and also a healthy and prosperous 2012!

Been too busy and not written for a while. There were so many going on that diverted my attention, hopefully things will be more organized and in control starting 2012. With the maid now back to Indonesia I have been given the task of staying at home to look after the dog, and also using the chance to burn my annual leave and do some study. But life is not so easy, work has been piling up and as a result still need to check my emails and even go back to office once, and this is just my first week off...

Before I start my vacation I attended three company Christmas party, two in Philippines and one in HK. The first one in Philippines is rather grand, a formal black and white party. Our partner there invited me and it is nice to dress up once in a while to attend such event. The other is our own company party, kind of interesting, with Masquerade as the theme. I wore a mask and took part in the competition. Had also done some singing and dancing in the party. Everyone had a good time but I had to return to hotel early as I got a 630am flight the other day to return to HK for meeting, sigh...

Our annual outing this year was going to the Geopark. The day was sunny and warm, very nice weather for outdoor activities. We went to couple of places and do a bit of hiking. Unlike many of my colleagues who just go on gambling on the boat, I went to the deck to enjoy the views and do some sunbathing. The scenery was just amazing. One really need to go out more often to our beautiful nature.

After that I went to Singapore, to attend my cousin's wedding and also having a short vacation with my family. There are couple of restaurants which I recommend (unfortunately forgot to take the photos of the food we had): Soup Restaurant for the Fined Ginger Chicken, Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice in Maxwell, The Banana Leaf for the Fish Head, Ya Kun Kaya Toast, No Signboard for Pepper Crab... No wonder I gained weight in this trip, basically we had food non-stop in the four days... We went to Universal Studio and spent a morning there. Rather small, but still a place to go.

My cousin is very beautiful on her wedding and I feel so proud of her. After her family emigrated to Singapore in 1996, we had not seen each other much and so in my memory she is still the little girl but seeing her now with so much changes, I have to admit I also become a bit sentimental on getting older... Look forward to Jul 2012, in which my other cousin will also get married, and we will go to Singapore again!

Returning to HK and starting my vacation, this week we went to Toh Lee Restaurant in Hotel Nikko for dinner. The food is quite nice and price is also reasonable. With the Hang Seng credit card I also got a 15% off so overall it costs only $965 (with tips) for two, including free parking. We had a soup each, a BBQ pork (delicious!), a wild mushroom pan fried garoupa, fish soup with young bamboo and snow pea shoots, and a pot rice with chinese sausages and cured duck plus cured pork. Definitely a restaurant I will go back again.



This week I have been drinking non-stop, to clear my cellar and also to enjoy the festive season. Last night opened a Clos St-Denis Grand Cru, from Domaine Dujac, which was simply exceptional. Highly complex and intense, the very long length and the juiciness plus the other different characters make it so enjoyable I finished the whole bottle in the night. The price is quite reasonable ($1400+). Believe me, if you like Burgundy, buy the wines from famous producer. Even if it costs more, the quality is much better assured than spending maybe less but at the end feeling frustrated because you cannot get what you hope for.

Next week will be the start of the new year, I wish all of you success in whatever you do. Live life to the fullest!!

沒有留言:

張貼留言