2011年10月8日 星期六

Wineshark weekly - 9 Oct 2011

The weather nowadays is so comfortable that sometimes I don't want to get up in the morning, but I am quite an early person and still normally wake up at 6:15. I will need to do more exercise as I think I am gaining weight back and all my effort in the early part of this year seems to have gone...

This week we went to a Japanese ramen bar in TST to try it out. The restaurant is called Ippei-an and located at Energy Plaza basement (they do have other shops in TST and Causeway Bay). First thing that got my attention: there are quite a few Japanese customers inside. We ordered Clams in Sake, some skewers, deep fried oyster and ramen. Frankly I don't think the food is that spectacular though it is not bad. Maybe it is simply the connection that one can feel (with the Japanese magazines, TV programs) that you found in the restaurant which draw the crowd. Can have a try, but I probably won't go back.

On Friday I had to take a video talking about our company's core values and stuff. I did prepare a bit the night before but when I was filmed I got so nervous that I forgot everything and had to just talk on the spot what I can think of. As expected it was quite bad (and funny) and it took me a whole 30min to complete my three 'sessions'. I am not the material for the entertainment industry obviously...

Over the weekend I made some dishes at home. This time it is American Vegetable Soup and Grilled Chicken in Black Pepper Sauce with Croquette. The soup is easy to make and also healthy. It can be a vegetarian dish if we use non-meat stock. The chicken is much more complicated because of the croquette and sauce, but personally I love the croquette and think that is one of my biggest success in cooking so far. I recommend you to try them also. The recipe can be found in my blog.

Now I am continuing my fortified wine study, proceeding to the sherry part after completing the port session. I still haven't opened my 1991 Vintage Port though and may do so later. Who want to join me?

沒有留言:

張貼留言