2011年10月16日 星期日

Wineshark weekly - 16 Oct 2011

This week I went to try an Indian fast-food restaurant in Sheung Wan, called Masala, located at Mercer Street. Generally a non-descript restaurant without much to talk about. We ordered a set dinner, with Lamb Masala, Chicken Tikka, salad and snacks, plus some Nan. Total $250 for two, I think there are other Indian restaurants that I recommend over this one.

I was in Shanghai for the better part of the week. Everytime I went back I was amazed by how developed this city is. It is almost one year since my last visit, and already I found quite a few differences near where our office and hotel is. I went to a district similar to Xintiandi but more quiet. If only I can open a wine shop and do some wine education in this city... Maybe I should try to prepare for this?

Because on Sat we had dinner with my sister-in-law's family, I did not cook but only made some fruit scones. The scones were quite good though the outlook may be not particularly appealing. On that night we had hotpot and I brought three bottles of Alsace along, a Paul Blanck Pinot Blanc, a Jean-Marie Haag Riesling and a Andre Dussourt Muscat. They are not expensive wines but good match with the food. I did not manage to write tasting note because I was too busy eating...


In rhe cooking class today we had prepared two dishes: an English Chicken Broth and a Beef Bourguignonne. Of course I did not eat the beef. I witnessed how some classmates nearly got us killed by unknowningly turn on the stove and the fire burnt the tabletop. Fortunately it was discovered early so nothing happened. But it really tells how poor some of these people are in kitchen. After dinner with my parents I went to Causeway Bay City Super to buy some wines, and then took the challenge of the aroma detection. We successfully guessed both the samples so was given a bottle of wine as a reward. Haha!

Until next week, take care and enjoy good food and wine!

沒有留言:

張貼留言