2011年10月23日 星期日

Wineshark weekly - 23 Oct 2011

This week we went to Tonkichi for the famous Japanese style deep fried pork cutlet (tonkatsu) in Causeway Bay. A nice restaurant in World Trade Centre, it has another one in CWB and two in TST. We ordered a set for two persons, including an appetitizer (deep fried soft-shell crab), miso soup, and the deep fried pork cutlet, pork fillet, oysters and prawns. Kind of fun to ground the sesame to mix the sauce, and the rice and salad (shredded cabbage) can also be refilled as well. The different sauces (curry, mustard, sea salt) also pair nicely with the pork and that tartar sauce is good with oyster (though the tartar sauce I made definitely is better...). A full meal costing $580, a bit on the high side but still would be good to go once in a while.

On Thu I was finally able to join one of the tasting practices organized by my fellow classmates, in preparation for the fortified wine examination coming up in two weeks. We tried a total of 10 wines, and personally I like the Banyuls VDN the most. We talked about the past exam topics and tried to tip the coming one. Frankly I was at a loss when they discussed some of the terms so I definitely need to catch up and work hard now.

I prepared two dishes on Sat, this time making a Avocados with Prawn Salad and a Curry Pork with Pineapple. The salad is a bit light because there is no dressing, but the pork is really delicious and I am sure you will ask for another refill of rice to finish the tasty sauce. I have posted the two recipes on my blog already.

In my Sun cooking class, this week we learnt to make Busecca Soup Italian and Baked Curry Fish with Rice. Unfortunately I did not taste the soup since I don't eat beef but from the reactions of the fellow groupmates the soup should be nice. It makes a huge difference by adding the pesto into the soup. The curry is quite easy to make, and we asked where we can buy the good curry powder. Once I bought and tried that out I will share on this blog.

Next week will be traveling for the whole week, and then having our monthly wine tasting on the theme of Riesling and Cabernet Sauvignon. Look forward to that!

沒有留言:

張貼留言