Having to buy some Taiwan ingredients for cooking later, we came to Kowloon City on this Saturday. As it is noontime, we went to this café located at Lung Kong Road, known for its neighborhood vibe, with nice coffee and pastry. The yellow glass door and wall caught my attention and there were a few people queueing outside already.
After waiting for a short while we were led to our table. The place has a minimalist design, with white walls, some small wooden tables and stools. The coffee bar is at one end with the kitchen behind, with everything simple and local, offering a comfortable cozy feeling instead of those ‘IG-theme’ café in town.
For coffee I had Espresso Tonic Ethiopia ($55) while my wife went for Hot Black Ethiopia ($40). The quality was good, with the Ethiopia origin showing its signature fruity characters, because of its processing method, and that went especially well with the tonic water in my beverage.
For food I had Smoked Chipotle Pulled Pork Burger with Fries 煙燻辣椒手撕豬漢堡 ($128). The burger was delicious, freshly made, with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion added to the tasty and tiny spicy pulled pork, sandwiched in the bun that was homemade. On the side there were the fries which were crisp and freshly made.
My wife had Good Morning YOI 全日早餐 ($128), having a plateful of food including scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potato gratin, salad, and a piece of focaccia toast. Quite a big portion, I saw many girls sharing one together. The quality of the ingredients was good and was another good choice to order.
Finishing my coffee and not feeling enough, I had another brewed coffee, picking the Filter Guatemala ($110). Seeing the barista grinding the beans and handling well the pour-over, the coffee was served in a beaker, with the mug rinsed in hot water beforehand to ensure the correct temperature. Very nice coffee indeed.
While it was very busy, the staff was friendly and nice. The bill on the day is $461. Even though it might look a bit expensive, in terms of its coffee and food quality, I would recommend them as fair deal. Considering overall dining experience, I would rate them a Good 65 points. Worth trying.







沒有留言:
張貼留言