2011年11月5日 星期六

Wineshark weekly - 6 November 2011

In the last two weeks I was very busy and did not post anything on my blog. Was away in Malaysia and Singapore the week before and then having the senior executives in my company coming to HK in this week. Been so busy preparing the presentations and other stuff, not to mention my own WSET Level 4 fortified wine exam... Really tired...

But now all those are over, and I can restart what I like most, wine and dine. But let me also say something about my WSET exam. Originally I planned to take the week off to study but with my schedule I can only study on the night before the exam. At the end you can guess what happened. So really just aiming to pass this time... For the tasting part, all 3 wines are madeira (not difficult to identify) but got one of them wrong on the grape (I think the first one is Verdelho but is in fact Sercial). Anyway, hope for the best...

Originally want to go to Mongkok on Thu night to 'Magic Lantern' seafood restaurant for some traditional dishes. But found that it was no longer in business! Can only go to the Jordan one next time. As a result we went back to hotpot in Sham Tseng. Met the owner and his wife who we haven't seen for a long while after they opened another branch in Tin Hau.

On Fri I have dinner with my wine buddy David and we finished two bottles of Merlot. One is Chateau Latour a Pomerol (Pomerol) and the other is Casa Lapostolle Merlot Cuvee Alexandre Apalta Vineyard (Chile). Both are nice and we enjoyed a good dinner at Kcal in Sham Tseng. We are thinking of organizing a mini wine tour to Macau to try some Portugual wine plus good food. Let's see whether we are able to get something arranged in the near future...

Yesterday I cooked two dishes, Cream of Chicken Soup and Roast Spring Chicken. Please refer to my other blog pages for the recipe. My oven is really not up to par and it took me more than 1.5 hour to cook the chicken at the max. power. Will have to go to look for a good one soon. Anyone got good recommendation?

Just the last thing before I go to my cooking class. I am starting to post something on weibo also. Feel free to check me out!

沒有留言:

張貼留言