2011年11月26日 星期六

Wineshark weekly - 27 November 2011

I have missed one week of this blog because of my super busy schedule and workload. Heading up a business is not something easy especially if you don't have a full team on the ground, not to mention my other regional role that still needs to be handled. As a result, also got sick and been coughing... I want to take a break to relax a bit, as I have not done that for really a long while now...

During my short break coming back to HK I went to Sheung Hing Chiu Chow Seafood Restaurant in Queen's Road West. A famous restaurant for the chiu chow community, I found the food acceptable but not particularly exceptional. The one I like most is the soup, with a lot of pepper which makes it spicy. But the braised goose, the veggie and the 'nine stomach fish' omelette are just so-so. Not exactly expensive but not cheap either, total HK$350 for two. And as they don't have parking I just have to park on the road and in the middle of the dinner have to 'evacuate' and go on a detour before coming back to park again and finish the meal...







Now spending half of my time each week in Philippines, on Thanksgiving Day eve I went alone to an Italian Restaurant called Zuni in Greenbelt Makati. The set menu was quite nice, with a salad, a soup, a main course (lapu-lapu), dessert and tea. Only charging at PHP1,300 it was a full, delicious dinner at a cozy environment. Suggest those who needs to go for work try that out.

 








On Friday I went out with my sales team to a new shop opening for one of the key account. The shop is located in Pampangas, about 2 hours drive from Manila. It is a Costco concept discount stores called S&R and the whole decor and environment is very similar. Met some other principals there and our distributor, and really having a good time. I then went with the team to a really local restaurant to try their delicacies - grilled pig ears and the sizzling minced pig face meat! Quite good to be honest, and even without air-con, the restaurant is not repelling. I like to visit such small shops whenever I travel to experience the local culture.

 








Yesterday went to a Cote de Beaune course organized by Sinolink. Nothing worth noting except that the tasting room is very nicely decorated. I think overall the contents are useful, but there is just no time to go through and too technical for most audience also. The wines tasted were also quite disappointing, but maybe should not have any expectation in such tasting (am I spoiled by organizing our own tasting with good wines all the times?).

沒有留言:

張貼留言