2011年11月13日 星期日

Wineshark weekly - 13 November 2011

Originally this week started just like any other, and I can never foresee how things can turn my world upside down in a day. 10 Nov 2011 is a date I will remember, for a lot of reasons... Now that I am given this new job, I will do my best, for the people in the business, and for myself. How it will turn out, no one know but I am sure all my friends will give me their support, and frankly, that is what driving me on in many of the times...

Well, I think this blog is not meant to be so serious, so let me get back to the highlights of the week. I was only back on Sat noon so did not have chance to do much. I did cook though and made one of the most difficult (in terms of preparation) dish so far: Grill Chicken with Crabmeat Lobster Sauce, and Tomato Apple Salsa. Also prepared a Potato and Tuna Fish Cake salad as appetitizer. Both are good but unfortunately since the supermarket near my home did not have any crab actually I was forced to use just shrimps and the aromas I think is much less intense. The recipes can be found in the blog.

I am also beginning to write Weibo. You can find me in http://www.weibo.com/ and my name there is wineshark (no surprise!). The challenge for me is not to write in Chinese but more to type (I don't know any input method, I am ashamed to say...) so need to use my mouse to write each character on screen is not something fun also. I will need to buy a tablet. Anyone know which one is good?

Today's cooking class is back to normal, with a big group. We made a Grilled Pork Chop Stuffed Pineapple and a Spaghetti with Tomatos Mint Sauce. Quite easy to make and delicious. The next intake will be open for registration next week and if you are interested, please remember as the class will be full easily. I will probably apply the class on Sun morning in TST (course # KG07131).

In the next couple of weeks I will need to travel to Manila frequently to look after the business. I hope I can still manage my wine study and other things. But it also makes me cherish every single moment I can on things I love. This is maybe something we have to remember: to live everyday to the fullest, and when you are with someone you love, doing something you like, you will go for it to the last mile, and with that at least you won't regret no matter what happens.

May I wish everyone who read this blog a happy week! And I look forward to my wine tasting party next week also!

沒有留言:

張貼留言