2019年2月27日 星期三

Wineshark HK Restaurant Review - Chez les Copains

Chez les Copains is located in Sai Kung Pak Sha Wan, owned and headed by Chef Bonnie, who graduated from Le Cordon Bleu before returning to HK to open this small French bistro. She also grew some of the vegetable and herbs in her garden. Coming early today there was just another table, who I later know are also graduates from the same culinary institute along with a French chef.

We ordered the Plat du Jour ($750), including a starter, soup, main dish and dessert. I had the Spain Red Prawn Carpaccio (+$50) while my wife had the Escargots Sautes with Mixed Mushroom. It is beautifully plated with different colors, the prawn carpaccio nicely seasoned and showcasing the original flavors. The salad is fresh and with some nice balsamic vinegar to add to the complexity. A definite good start with the entree.

Next was the soup. Originally I had the Velvety Cauliflower while my wife had the Tomato Soup, but Bonnie told us that the former was sold out and asked whether I would like to change to the Dover Sole Fish Soup. It is served steaming hot in temperature, an important criteria in my quality checklist, with the saffron adding a nice touch to the rich and intense flavors of the fish soup. However, it was a bit too salty for me.

For the main course I had the Spain Pork Rack Roti (+$80) while my wife had the Sautee Lobster (+$80). Served in a casserole, the pork was cooked well, juicy and tender, with the jus still retained in the casserole and helped to infuse the vegetables with flavors. And I honestly think the vegetables are more tasty than the meat itself because of this.

The dessert was Baked Tart Tatin with Ice-cream (+$30) while my wife had the French Meringue with Berry. The tart tatin was home made, with the scoop of vanilla ice-cream adding the creamy and taste to the apple tart. Paired with different fresh berries, the tart crust was a bit too hard and also the cinnamon flavor was not too apparent on the apple. A bit mediocre on the dessert unfortunately.

Chef Bonnie, when we were seated, reminded us that she would be slow in serving the food as there is only her doing the works. Seeing the feedback from some other customers on social media, I think those were not fair to her, especially she had already let the customers know in advance.

We had some nice chats with Bonnie before wrapping up. The total bill was $1,920 for two, without ordering any beverages. While this is my second time coming here, I hope my next visit would not need to wait for so many years like my previous one. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言