2012年1月21日 星期六

Wineshark weekly - 22 January 2012

Tomorrow will begin the Year of Dragon, here I wish all my friends and people who read this blog a happy and healthy year!

Yesterday was the day traditionally we would clean up the house. Frankly for me I did not do that much cleaning, mainly putting on the decorations and also buying some flowers and fruit. In the wet market it was so crowded and people buying like crazy on all the stuff to prepare for the festival. The atmosphere was warm and happy, and inevitably one would immerse totally and start to also buy a lot. But who care? This is the season to enjoy and spend!

One of most dearest friends also came back to HK yesterday. Really been missing him (and the gatherings!) but happily going to meet up very soon. Seeing how he and his wife took picture at the airport really brought a smile to my face, how sweet! Bringing particular strong feelings to me also about how we must treasure what we got, because even if someone is at your side for a long time doesn't guarantee that it will always be. So maybe better so speak out what you think and don't keep things in your heart only?

Nothing surprising much this week, went to my third trip in the same number of week since the year, to Manila. To be honest, the more now I am into this additional role, the more I like this even though it got a much bigger pressure than my original. Able to influence and direct the team to achieve something is always nice, but also the opportunity to work across different areas in the business is also rewarding. Unfortunately too much things are now on my shoulder and I simply could not handle everything to the best that I would like. Nevertheless still a good challenge for my personal development.

After coming back to HK, this week we went to the flower market and before that, to a good Vietnamese restaurant in Tai Hang called Cafe Locomotive. Have known this restaurant for a long while but only been there by now. The noodle soup was really nice, which I highly recommend, and the other dishes were also delicious. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants. We had two bowls of noodle, a steamed rice roll, a butter fried frog and some boiled clam. Including two drinks the total was $424 for two person.

I also got my WSET Level 4 unit 6 (fortified wine) results. Pass with Merit is not a bad grade but I think I did not do myself justice on the theory part. Anyway I am still happy and as I promised myself I bought an expensive port (the most expensive port in the world) to celebrate - Quinta do Noval Vintage Port Nacional 1980. Didn't got the money to buy a better vintage but still cost me $3900. Well, I will further age it for a while so possibly it won't see light until 10 to 15 years later...

Continuing my unit 5 studies, this week I had couple of sparkling: Louis Roederer Rose Brut Vintage 2006 and Domaine Dussourt Cremant d'Alsace Brut Riesling NV. The Rose was nice and complex while the Cremant was refreshing and got the signature petrol aroma for the Riesling. Both were very satisfactory buy. I will continue further with some sparkling this week and stay tuned to my FB for the tasting notes.

Will now continue to my study. Once again, wish you and your family a prosperous Year of Dragon!

沒有留言:

張貼留言