2012年1月14日 星期六

Wineshark weekly - 15 January 2012

This week I was in Seoul for a change. Weather was cold there and basically at negative all the time I was there. However, indoor because of the heater the temperature was actually very warm, particularly in the hotel the room was so hot that I had to turn off the air-con for a long time to let it cool down before I could go to sleep. On two of the nights I had dinner with my colleagues outside and walked a bit in the weather. Really freezing but also refreshing. I really want to spend some time in Korea on my own to experience more the culture and everything. Even with all the trips I have made in the past years I really cannot say I know much of Korea.

Originally I was coming back to HK on Thu, but when I left that day I was caught in bad traffic and at the end had to stay behind one more day because I could not catch my flight. I left office in pretty much the time I normally do but the taxi driver took a route that went through in the most busy area and basically I had spent more than 1.5 hour on the road without even reaching the highway. Fortunately my colleague in HK had helped me to cancel my online check-in and re-booked me for the next day's flight. And I had Andong Chicken for dinner that night to spice up my mood also! This is my first time I cannot catch my flight and have to stay one more day...

I went to Sang Kee Congee in Sheung Wan on Friday. Have not been there for a while. It was quite late when we arrived and I ordered the Fish Ball and Pig Liver Congee. The liver is really good there and one of the best in my experience. We pretty much were the last customer and they closed at 9pm. $61 in total for two person. Their beef is also famous though I cannot testify because I did not eat beef.

This week I only opened a bottle of wine: Quartz Reef Methode Traditionnelle NV from Central Otago. Quite cheap at $138, for a mid-priced New World traditional method sparkling still a good quality and value buy.

Saturday is my wedding anniversary and it was already five years since I got married. Time flies, it was just like yesterday... I'd learnt a lot in the last year, particularly to cherish what you got. So I will live life to the fullest and walk together with you on the journey...

沒有留言:

張貼留言