2011年7月23日 星期六

Wineshark weekly - 24 Jul 2011

This week I have been in Kuala Lumpur Mon-Fri, so not much to write about except going out with my colleagues to couple of places for dinner. None are anything exceptional, like going to Madame Kwan for some Malaysian food and also a Japanese restaurant. During the trip, I got a call and finally the wines that I have bought a while ago (already 4 months!) at the Watson's Bordeaux Grande Tasting arrived. My headache... now I got about 60 bottles in my office... Really having a big problem in keeping them...

Good that my wine buddies have confirmed our next tasting event in Aug. It will be a Santenay + Chassagne-Montrachet tasting, with eight wines coming from the two communes. I will write the tasting note later but suffice to say that we are going to have an interesting one - a Le Montrachet Grand Cru, think that is the most expensive white I have so far...

In this week's cooking class we made the following: Smoked Salmon Boats and Spaghetti Alla Marinara. Quite easy to make (except the sauce for the spaghetti which if have to do it right need to spend some time). I also helped to cook the spaghetti and tried to 'throw the wok' a couple of times in front of the class. Really heavy! But still I managed to do it!!

CIVA has organized an Alsace wine fair this Sat, and it is the third time I joined this fair. I normally bought quite a few bottles in this event to last for my Alsace consumption in the year. This year is no exception. Don't say I am crazy but I have bought around 20 bottles. Really on a buying spree nowadays, haha...

Since I have spent too much on wine this week (maybe all along...) I have to get something cheaper for dinner. We went to Liang Liang Noodles Shop at TST New Mandarin Plaza. The noodle is relatively good, with a lot of choices on the things that you can put in your noodle. Not too cheap though as we spent $108 for two persons.

This week I am barren on my wine tasting despite buying so many... Really look forward to spending more time in HK and resume my wine appreciation journey...

沒有留言:

張貼留言