2019年12月29日 星期日

Wineshark HK Restaurant Review - The Verandah


This restaurant is located in The Peninsula Hong Kong, serving buffet for breakfast, lunch and evening. We came to the hotel for a staycation so had both breakfast and lunch here. Before entering there is a large Christmas decoration, with gingerbread houses, ropeway and trains, attracting both adult and children to stop and admire.



During the lunch hour it was pretty busy, and we were seated at the far end of the restaurant. Though a bit far from the buffet table, it was relatively more quiet. The decor was luxurious and high-end, with also impeccable services to accompany, creating a very nice dining experience.


The Leisure Lunch Buffet ($838 each) is one of the most expensive lunch buffet in town. And I would say the quality of the food certainly matches with the price range. I like the range of salad they offered, with the cold cuts and smoked salmon both delicious. There are also homemade terrine too.


Most people found the seafood section most appealing. There are snow crab, whelk, scallops, prawns, mussels, as well as abalone! The grilled abalone is quite nice while the rest of the seafood, though plentiful, is just decent in taste, along with the range of Japanese sashimi and sushi. But I guess after visiting to so many good Japanese restaurants my standards on such are becoming so high it might not be reasonable to rate a buffet restaurant.



The hot dishes in my opinion are better, with the tempura prawn, Thai-style grilled pork neck and Taiwan braised pork belly all delicious. The roasted ham is nice though a bit salty for me. Each table is also served a pot of mussels but I would say it is not particularly impressive.


For dessert there are many choices. In terms of the sophistication and quality I think this restaurant has the best dessert for me (though I did not go to many buffet restaurants I must admit). The Portuguese egg tart is very good, and the others are equally tasty and all beautifully prepared. There is also a souffle per table but because we had to catch our limo service we could not try it out. A bit unfortunate.

The restaurant also offers beverage free-flow ($538 each), and I went for the package offering Ruinart Rose. Depending on how many glasses you would end up drinking, it might be more economical to pay per glass.

The bill in total was $2,436 and honestly very expensive for a buffet lunch. For similar amount I was able to enjoy a nice dinner at the adjacent Spring Moon the evening before, and that would be a much better meal in my opinion. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言