2017年8月5日 星期六

Wineshark HK Restaurant Review - Mak's Noodle

This famous traditional Cantonese wonton noodle restaurant is located in Central, but also got a number of branches in other districts. I used to frequent more the one in Tin Hau where I lived before, and it was the first time in fact I visited the one in Wellington Street.

The decoration is also a bit different, more elegant, neat and got a bit of original feel, such as the traditional tea cup they use instead of the more common plastic ones you saw in most Chinese cafe. The place is bright, clean and well-managed, and since it was early (about 11:30am) not too busy yet.

I ordered the Wonton Noodle to start, while Ivy went for the Beef Tendon and Wonton Noodle. Yes, the portion is small, but that is the right size per the original serving. The noodle has the perfect texture, got a nice bite, and the clear soup was very good, full of flavors and delicious. Of course the wonton is their signature, with the shrimp very crunchy, with each wonton of bite size and having the right balance of shrimp and pork. Definitely one of the best wonton noodles in town in my opinion.

As the portion is not big enough for me, as my routine I ordered another Dumpling Noodle. The same noodle and soup base, but instead of the smaller wonton the dumplings are larger, with the wood mushroom further adding the crunchy texture for enjoyment. It is equally tasty.

With the three noodle and nothing else, the bill was $142. For many they would say it was a bit expensive, but nowadays considering you have to pay $100 for a Japanese ramen, I would not undermine the value and all the effort in making this wonton noodle, so for me it is of reasonable value for money.

My overall rating is 63/100.

沒有留言:

張貼留言