2016年6月29日 星期三

Wineshark HK Restaurant Review - Kaya Korean Restaurant

This Korean restaurant is located in Causeway Bay, at Soundwill Plaza II Midtown. With spacious setting, the environment is nice and bright, giving us a good impression on our dining experience right from the beginning.

On the night we ordered a BBQ Pork Set, which had an assortment of four different types of pork, a shiitake mushroom, a slide of onion and some hardened rice pudding. There is also a salad and vegetable included. Frankly the pork I would only rate as decent, with the marinated meat not particularly tasty. The portion also is too small and barely enough for three. Quite pricey considering it is charging $380.

We also had Haemool Pahjun, which is a seafood pancake and one of my favorite Korean dishes. This one was quite nice, with the pancake beautifully fried to give the pancake the crispy edges while the seafood and spring onion providing good flavors, with the dipping sauce further enhancing. My only criticism is that the seafood are all chopped too finely and seems most of it are just squid. Another example of not good value for money.

In addition we also had a Dduk Bokki, the spicy rice pudding, which is another dish commonly available in all Korean restaurant. We had asked to have a less spicy version to accommodate our taste, but I am quite disappointed that it turned out to be bland and flavorless. The fish roll is also a bit stale with a fishy taste.

The service overall was fair, with the waitress attentive in refilling our tea and helping to change the wire mesh on the stove. But simply the food quality and price are not satisfactory, and recalling my prior experience in this restaurant I would say it has deteriorated. This is such a sad finding as I may have to tick another restaurant off my list of Korean restaurant I would recommend in town.

My overall rating is 45/100.

沒有留言:

張貼留言