2019年4月5日 星期五

Wineshark HK Restaurant Review - Tin Hung Roasted Goose

This small eatery is located in Yuen Long, specializing in roasted goose as its name implies. Arriving early on the day (around 11:15am), we were surprised to see there were quite a number of people eating already, and with only a few tables most of them were occupied with customers. The seats and setting was not comfortable at all but there was no expectation of such to begin with, and most people would just finish and go anyway.

We ordered two Roasted Goose Rice Spaghetti to start, plus the Soup of the Day. The goose was in fact quite tender and juicy, marinated well and not over. The skin was not crispy as some other restaurants but overall it was tasty and nice. The portion was also quite big with many pieces. I saw some reviews complaining about the portion size and I can testify that it was not true (at least for me!). The daily soup was nothing special or impressive though.

Hearing from the owner that the Goose Blood Curd with Chinese Chives was ready, we also added that to the order. The blood curd was nice, steaming hot and just freshly cooked, seasoned well and having the white pepper powder to remove any gamey note. There were some garlic added to further enhance the taste. The Chinese chives however was not that nice, too rough and got me wonder whether it was cooked sufficiently or was simply too old.

Some of the reviews also said the service was poor with the staff not friendly. I also found it otherwise. The owner's wife (I presume?) was fairly nice introducing us to the seats, and throughout the meal there was nothing that would leave me feel unwelcome. The bill was $180 and in my opinion reasonable. And next time I hope I could try their BBQ pork too. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言