2011年8月28日 星期日

Wineshark weekly - 28 August 2011

Last night was the reunion dinner with my MBA classmates. Although just like yesterday, this year is in fact the 10th anniversary when we all first met. Recalling the time when we started the study with the residential programme at Airport Regal, it brought back a lot of fond memories and laughters. Many of us have big changes, from a party-goer, to getting married and now have children... There are also some who gained so much weight it is so difficult to recognize the photos we took 10 years ago. Someone like me, haha....

Originally I planned to go to a restaurant in The Elements for dinner on Friday. But upon arrival and searching around I found that the restaurant was no longer there! What a waste of time... I decided to drive back home to have dinner at Kcal in Sham Tseng instead, bringing along a bottle of Barbera d'Asti. I had a roasted pork chop and my wife a lobster. With the starter salad, soup, dessert and drinks, plus two additional oysters (as recommended by the owner) the total bill was cost $510. I enjoyed this kind of small restaurant where I can chat with the owner on the wine, enjoying the bottle together (and I don't need to pay corkage fee!). The wine is quite good, and you can look at my tasting note either in FB or in my blog on Grape Variety Series 2 - Barbera.

This week was also my last cooking class. We have made some spicy Ham and Chicken Parcels, a Chicken & Bacon with Corn Sauce, plus Pumpkin Sticks with Bacon & Cumin as side dish. As usual, very good and tasty. The chef is a very funny and interesting guy, retired now but used to work in some big hotels. I like the class very much as not only I can learn to cook some nice dishes but it allowed me to practice and also interact with the fellow classmates. Unfortunately it seems that none of them will enrol on the next in-take as we do. So have to look forward to some new friends then. 

Need to catch up a bit on my fortified wine study now. Until next week, take good care and enjoy drinking!

沒有留言:

張貼留言